Clark Street SSA
Clark Street SSA #23
Just two miles north of downtown, Lincoln Park is known as Chicago’s liveliest neighborhood, and Clark Street in Lincoln Park is at the heart of the action. Clark Street in Lincoln Park is managed through the Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce on behalf of the Clark Street Special Service Area (SSA). Filled with shops, cafes, restaurants, and pubs that range from the vintage to the vanguard, the Clark Street area also boasts world-class educational and cultural gems and a gorgeous expanse of lakefront beaches and tree-lined parks. Although known by many for its boutiques, restaurants, bars, and clubs, it’s also one of our nation’s finest urban playgrounds. Learn more by checking out VisitClarkStreet.com. Come visit Lincoln Park, but clear your schedule first; because you’ll want to stay a while!
At the Clark Street’s festival, “Artrageous” with some friends!
Thinking about opening a business on Clark Street in Lincoln Park? We can help! Find resources including a comprehensive directory of available properties, free services and benefits available to new businesses, and more on VisitClarkStreet.com.
Wondering what we do at Clark Street in Lincoln Park on behalf of the Clark Street SSA? Here’s a list to give you an idea of the services we provide within the SSA boundaries (Clark Street from Armitage on the south to Diversey on the north, plus south side of Diversey from Orchard to Lakeview):
- sidewalk cleaning; 3x per week in the winter and 5x per week during spring, summer, and fall months,
- salting and removing snow from sidewalks along the commercial corridor,
- pressure-washing sidewalks to remove gum, dirt and surface stains,
- landscaping, filling and maintaining seasonal plantings in hanging baskets and planters, pruning and maintaining trees,
- hosting the annual Scarecrows on Parade, Halloween Spooktacular and Spooky Savings program; all which attracted record attendance last year (and, wow, did we have fun there ourselves!),
- launching the inaugural Spring event, ArtRageous, an ambitious, multi-dimensional art/food/beverage/entertainment extravaganza that stretches from April 20 through May 5 and showcases local businesses, restaurants, and emerging artists,
- expanding our ‘Friends of Clark Street’ online database for our monthly e-newsletter to keep consumers connected to and informed about fabulous Clark Street goings-on,
- lots of marketing efforts, including social media like twitter and Facebook along with periodic social-media promotions,
- expanding ART on CLARK, a ‘pop-up’ program matching Chicago artists and Clark Street property owners to temporarily merchandise vacant spaces with works of art,
- forming ConnectCLARK!, an initiative connecting Clark Street businesses to people, programs and resources that can successfully impact their business,
- and, yes, installing holiday decorations along Clark Street.