43rd Ward Remap Hearing
43rd Ward Remap
Remapping will affect our lives on a daily-basis for at least the next TEN YEARS.
Please join us and tell the Rules Committee why it’s critical to keep Lincoln Park together!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
DePaul Student Center*
2250 N. Sheffield
*Parking: Sheffield Garage located at 2331 N. Sheffield (Dominick’s garage)
You know your Ward best. You know what’s best for your Ward.
Here are some facts about the so-called “For a Better Chicago” map:
- It would divide the neighborhoods of Lincoln Park between FIVE SEPARATE WARDS; 43rd, 44th, 32nd, 27th, and the 2nd Wards.
- Daily services AS WELL AS large scale development projects would have to be handled by five separate offices.
In contrast, the proposed alternative “Tax Payer Protection” map would better maintain the cohesiveness and historic boundaries of the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
- All seven community groups that represent Lincoln Park have voiced their official support for the “Tax Payer Protection” map.
- The “Tax Payer Protection” map would more fairly represent the population changes the City of Chicago has undergone in the last ten years.
You know your Ward best. Make your voice heard!
- E-mail Chairman Richard Mell of the Rules Committee and tell him you support the Taxpayer Protect Map and the preservation of the 43rd Ward.
- Sign the petition in support of the Taxpayer Protection Map.
See you at the hearing!
43rd Ward Alderman Michele Smith