Get Your Ventra Questions Answered at the 43rd Ward Office
In response to your questions and concerns regarding the transition to Ventra we have coordinated an information session at our office. Representatives from the Chicago Transit Authority and the Regional Transit Authority will hold office hours at our ward office to answer your questions.
Wednesday, October 23rd
9:00am – 12:00pm
43rd Ward Office
2523 N. Halsted
The Ventra Phase-out period is accelerating and some important deadlines are fast approaching.
Below is a timeline to keep you up-to-date:
Monday, October 7th, 2013
- Chicago Card and Chicago Card Plus will no longer be able to have value loaded on to them, either online or at the CTA rail station vending machines.
- Rail station vending machines will no longer sell magnetic striped stored value cards or period passes.
- Pace offers a new 30-day premium pass for customers using Ventra.
Friday, November 15th, 2013
- Chicago Card and Chicago Card Plus will no longer be accepted on CTA buses/trains and Pace buses.
- Customers will no longer be able to add value to stored value magnetic stripe cards. They will need to spend down balances or transfer their existing balance to Ventra cards.
- CTA and Pace will no longer sell magnetic striped passes. Customers need to use up existing passes by December 15.
Sunday, December 15th, 2013
- The CTA and Pace will no longer accept any magnetic stripe fare cards.
- Ventra replaces all CTA and Pace existing fare media.
Balance transfers to Ventra
The CTA and Pace encourage customers to spend down their balances on current fare cards. As a convenience to customers who want to transfer their balances from current CTA and Pace fare media, the agencies have announced 27 dates starting in mid-September through December 15th at
multiple locations throughout the region to allow customer to transfer their balances to Ventra cards. Customers may bring a maximum of five eligible fare media cards at a time with a combined minimum of five dollars in transit value on the cards to transfer to a registered Ventra card. For
more information about Ventra and to obtain a Ventra Card, call (877) 669-8368.